Your gums are like cushions for your teeth: they surround the teeth in the jaws and help to support them. Looking after your gums is just as important as looking after your teeth. Here are the stages of gum disease:
- Red and swollen gums that bleed when you brush them could be a sign of gum disease, also known as gingivitis.
- When gingivitis is left untreated it can develop further into a type of infection known as periodontitis, which affects the entire area surrounding the tooth, causing discomfort and difficulty when eating
- Eventually this kind of infection can lead to tooth loss and may require invasive procedures to replace the missing tooth
Fortunately, this can be avoided by having regular hygiene appointments with our hygiene team Tracy Silverstein and Vjosa Islami here at The Dental Clinic and a good daily hygiene routine. Our team members Tracy and Vjosa have trained and qualified to gain the certificate of proficiency in dental hygiene and BSc degree in Oral health science – Hygiene and Therapy to deliver oral hygiene treatments to a high standard at The Dental Clinic.
The benefits of healthy gums are:
- Minimised risk of tooth loss
- Reduced risk of developing tooth decay and needing fillings
- Fresh minty breath
There are many benefits to receiving dental hygiene treatment here at The Dental Clinic Radlett such as late night appointments, free parking for an hour, a modern, clean, friendly practice and a highly skilled and efficient team.
Simply book an appointment with us online here or call 01923 859678 and speak to a member of a friendly reception team.
You will also be pleased to know that we also offer another cleaning treatment called The Gleam Clean – A highly effective air polishing treatment which is ideal for patients with heavy staining. Click here to find out more.
If you have any questions about having your cleaned professionally, be sure to book an appointment with us today to discuss your options. Drop into the practice at The Dental Clinic, 359 Watling Street, Radlett, Herts, WD7 7LB or call us on 01923 859678.